Getting Back to Work: Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Commercial water damage restoration not only restores a building. It restores jobs and income to the people employed there, products or services to customers, and a healthy environment for everyone who utilizes the structure. If it’s not done right, or on time, the ultimate result can be the closing of a facility, relocation elsewhere, and severe impact to a private business or public organization’s bottom line. Because the scope of water damage in commercial settings is frequently wider and more extreme than in a residential scenario, water damage remediation specialists with experience specific to commercial buildings are positioned to provide effective emergency service when the need arises.
Here’s a typical protocol utilized in commercial water damage restoration:
- All areas contacted with water are inventoried, including affected building materials and furniture. Any wet carpet must be located and identified.
- Wet ceiling tiles may be removed and discarded after the event. Ceiling tiles usually are not salvageable.
- A moisture meter should be utilized to check for water-damaged drywall. Disinfection and mold control techniques may need to be initiated.
- Wet electrical components are assumed to be hazardous. A qualified maintenance technician or electrician should cut off power to affected areas. Inspection by a building inspector or electrician is required to determine the need to replace wet wiring, circuit breakers, outlets and light fixtures.
- Upholstered furniture wet by flood water, roof leaks, or sewage should be discarded. Furniture contacted by drinking water can be air-dried if done within 24 hours. Laminate or hardwood furniture can be cleaned with a disinfectant solution and reused; particle board furniture may be discarded.
- Carpet contaminated by sewage must be disposed. Carpet wet by drinking water or rain water through roof leaks may have water extracted and then be sterilized.
For experienced commercial water damage restoration, contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Sun City/ Sun City West, SE Surprise at (623)546-1930